By Dr. Don Pahl, originally preached on November 29, 2015.
When Singleness is a Gift
I Corinthians 7
A. The Biblical View of the Gift of Marriage.
B. The Bible View of the Gift of Singleness.
C. Counsel to Christian Singles.
- Marriage helps overcome temptation.
- Singleness is good, a “gift” from God.
- Singleness is NOT for everyone.
- Singleness promotes undivided devotion to the Lord.
- Marriage is not our final destiny!
- Kingdom contentment is our goal.
- Our reward is the Family, the Body of Christ!
- Pray … trust God.
- Grow strong in Christ … in the Word.
- Cultivate self-control.
- Seek accountability.
- Temptation is NOT the sin.
- When we sin, God is faithful to forgive.
- “On guard” does not infer paranoia.
- Do not overestimate your ability to resist temptation nor underestimate the power of the tempter.
“Not that I was ever in need,
for I have learned how to be content
with whatever I have.”
Philippians 4:11 NLT
You Called Him…Wonderful Counselor