Part 8 of the Burning Hearts sermon series.
By Pastor Don Pahl, originally preached on March 15, 2015.
Saving the Best For Last
Jesus’ latter glory far exceeds the temple’s earlier glory.
A. HAGGAI’S ORACLES
B. HAGGAI’S PURPOSE
- To motivate Jews to rebuild the temple.
- To confront misplaced priorities.
- To offer hope for God’s blessing.
C. HAGGIS’ WARNINGS/PERILS
- Ill-chosen priorities.
- Wrong perspectives.
- Unrealistic expectations.
- Needless fears.
D. HAGGAI’S THEOLOGY
- God is Holy. Be holy and obey him.
- God is Sovereign. Make him central.
- God is Present. Trust him.
Jesus is the Focal Point of our Worship.
Worship HIm… and he will speak to our priorities, our perspectives, our expectations, and our fears!