PREACHED ON OCTOBER 9, 2016
Mark 14: 26 – 42 part of the Marked As Disciples sermon series, by Dr. Don L. Pahl.
- Jesus’ overconfident disciples boldly declare their fidelity to Jesus.
- The depth of Jesus’s sorrows demonstrated his complete Humanity.
- Jesus’ first response to a deeply troubled heart is complete and immediate reliance upon God through prayer.
- Jesus rises from prayer fully committed, obedient to his Father’s will.
When Facing a Temptation or a Test:
- Know my weak, frail humanity.
- Focus on prayer and watchfulness.
- Trust God’s ability and power to rescue.
- Accept God’s will…whatever he chooses!
Next week: “A Sheep Before Slaughter” (Mark 14: 43-65)
For more sermons in this series visit Marked As Disciples.