Preached on February 28, 2016
By Dr. Don L. Pahl
Mark 4: 21-34 – part of the Marked As Disciples sermon series.
Why did Jesus teach in parables?
- To reveal…
- To conceal…
1. Proclaim Jesus, God’s Kingdom message; don’t hide him!
2. Sow the seed; let God control Kingdom growth.
3. Marvel at the small beginning, yet exponential growth of God’s Kingdom!
- God promised everlasting Kingdom in the Old Testament.
- God’s Kingdom-present in Jesus.
- God’s Kingdom principles-norm for believers today.
- God’s Kingdom “light” – first manifest at Jesus’ resurrection.
- Fullness of God’s Kingdom – Jesus’ 2nd coming, ushering in ultimate, final reign.
Jesus’ Parables tell of the extensive expansion and the intensive transformation of God’s Kingdom.
NEXT WEEK’S SERMON:
Missions with Dr Mike Schmidt