Here is a summary of the Crosspoint Board of Elder activities for the past month.
1. Updates were made to the staff organizational chart and staff duties as they relate to the management of personnel.
2. Leadership Availability after Services – A decision was made to focus on elder presence in the friendship room to meet with visitors as they exit the Worship Center, rather than continuing the ‘elders at the front’ initiative. With that said, we love to meet and pray with you, so please seek out a member of the elder board or a pastor if you have any questions or a need for prayer
3. DiscipleShift – the BOE is formulating an intentional and strategic plan to move the DiscipleShift emphasis forward. Also, consideration is still being given to sending additional leaders to future DiscipleShift conferences.
4. Chin Revival Baptist Church has approached us about using our facilities for their worship services. We are working out details but hope to offer our facility for their use soon.
5. Abiding Faith congregation met on Feb 4 and voted to not pursue a formal relationship with Crosspoint (this suggestion from Abiding Faith was previously shared with our congregation in January).
6. Shut-in Visitation – This program is going well under the administration of Mike Jones. Several people are benefiting from the visitations.
7. BOE Shepherding – the suggestion was made that the elder board take a more active role in reviewing Crosspoint teaching at all levels. This will be an ongoing discussion.
8. The CoMission team, after approval from the BOE, has added Trevor and Michelle Phillips. Their term will carry through the rest of this fiscal year.
9. The BOE has directed the CoMission team to forego a 2018 short-term missions trip to allow an evaluation of the trip’s focus and support.