All day, every day, an invisible war rages around you — unseen, unheard, yet felt throughout every aspect of your life. A devoted, devilish enemy seeks to wreak havoc on everything that matters to you: your heart, your mind, your marriage, your children, your relationships, your resilience, your dreams, your destiny. But his battle plan depends on catching you unaware and unarmed. If you’re tired of being pushed around and caught with your guard down, The Armor of God study is for you.
The Enemy always fails miserably when he meets a woman dressed for the occasion. The Armor of God, more than merely a biblical description of the believer’s inventory, is an action plan for putting it on and developing a personalized strategy to secure victory. (7 sessions).
This class will be offered on WEDNESDAY MORNINGS, 9:30-11 AM at the Omaha Campus.
Bridges is a six-week course designed to help Christians share the good news of Christ with their Muslim neighbors. Each week there’s a DVD lesson covering a different aspect of Islam. You should take this class if you currently know a Muslim or in the future might run into someone who follows Islam, and you’d like to potentially share the gospel with that person. This course will provide you with a basic understanding of the Islamic faith, and arm you with tools for witnessing. As a participant, you receive a book to help you work through and remember all the pertinent lessons and tools from the course. The book also provides ideas for how to implement what you are learning.
Over the course of six weeks, we will cover:
1. Islam’s beginning and how it spread, from who Muhammad was to the role of the Qur’an and Hadith
2. The belief system of Muslims, their basic practices and rituals
3. Recognizing differences among Muslims
4. Using similarities between Christianity and Islam to extend the Gospel and differences as discussion points for sharing truth
5. Understanding the New Testament’s credibility, and the four books Muslims must read and follow
6. Muslim perceptions of grace, the significance of sacrifice in Islam, explaining Christ as the true sacrifice.
Any questions can be directed to Patrick Garmoe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for calendar of dates: March 4, 11, 18, 25, and April 8, 15, 22.
Upcoming opportunity to meet other Christians interested in witnessing to Mulims: Ya Hala Mediterranean Restaurant at 5092 S 136th Street in Millard on Tuesday, March 6 at 6 pm. Email Donna Hackett at email@example.com if you’re interested in coming so she can reserve enough tables.
Among the resources in the folder above, you’ll find relevant to Class 1:
- Middle-Eastern restaurants and groceries stores in Omaha.
- List of Omaha Islamic Centers. The Islamic Center of Omaha is near Crosspoint Church at 73rd and Pinkney (3511 North 73rd St.).
- General Dos and Don’ts for talking with Muslims.
- Questions to ask Muslims to help them think about what they believe.
Additional online websites where you can learn about and/or talk with Muslims:
- Spotlight English Clubs:
- Email Rob@spotlightenglishclubs.com if you’d like more information on this.
- Reaching International Students
- International Students Inc.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED